GFS Forecast automatic Access
|Last update: Jul. 2017|
- FOR PAY - Contact us to receive your_login and your_password
The gfs_forecast_request.php automatic access provides time series of Meteorological variables from GFS (NCEP) resource. Even if GFS data are for free, we need to dimension our servers to welcome the large number of automatic requests. A fee is thus applied depending on the number of time series retrieved every day / month. Please for a quotation.
Data are available from approx. a month ago up to current day+3. Time reference is UT (Universal Time).
On Windows, first download wget.exe executable in your working directory. In the same directory, create a text file in which you copy-paste the following command. Then rename the .txt file with the .bat extension. Double click on the .bat file to retrieve the output.csv file.
wget -O output.csv --header="soda-user: your_login" --header="soda-passwd: your_password" ...
your_password: this access is restricted to registered users, i.e. to users who purchased an automatic access to the data. please contact us for a quotation or to receive your SoDa automatic access credentials
Server: "www.soda-is.com" (main server) or "pro.soda-is.com" (backup-mirror server)
longitude: in degrees, with at least 3 digits after comma, e.g. "geopoint=45.563,7.25"
altitude: in meters. Set "elevation=-999" to let SoDa get the elevation from Nasa SRTM database
yyyy-mm-dd: the first day and last day of your request, from about a month ago up to current day+3
time_step: "15" (minutes), "h" (hourly), "d" (daily), "m" (monthly). Automatic requests with a time step below 10 min are limited to one month, and automatic requests with a time step below one day limited to one year (identical to HelioClim-3 automatic request behavior).
- Temperature (K): temperature at 2 m above ground in Kelvins (K)
- Relative humidity (%): Relative humidity at 2 m above ground in percent (%)
- Pressure (hPa): Pressure at ground level in hPa
- Wind speed (m/s): Wind speed at 10 m above ground in m/s
- Wind direction (deg): Wind direction at 10 m above ground in degrees (0 means from North, 90 from East...)
- Rainfall (kg/m2): Rainfall (= rain depth in mm)
- Snowfall (kg/m2): Snowfall
- Snow depth (m): Snow depth in meters
- Short-wave irradiation (wh/m2): Surface downward short-wave irradiation (broadband=GHI)
For more details on building your command in a Unix environment, Error messages, and FAQ, please refer to this page (Coming soon).
Be careful: select dates between approx. a month ago up to d+3.
wget -O SoDa_GFS_Carpentras.csv --header="soda-user: guest" --header="soda-passwd: guest" ...