HC3 SIMILARITY FORECAST - Radiation values for tomorrow
| Last update: Aug. 2017 |
Annual subscription to automatically receive radiation values for tomorrow - Prices on demand - Web interface (manual requests) for free
This method explores the HelioClim-3 database to find for similar meteorological events in the past in order to make an estimation of the next day irradiation values.
- Operational since July 2015
- Time steps: 1, 5, 10, 15, 30 minutes, hourly and daily
- Database: HelioClim-3v4 radiation values provided at d+1.
- Spatial coverage: Meteosat Second Generation (-66° to +66° both in latitude and longitude)
- Data availability: Please note that the day d should be over to provide the value for d+1. If a request is launched during day which is running, the service of persistence is applied to complete day d values, and use the solar forecast similarity method to generate day d+1 values. As a consequence, as soon as a new 15 min image is collected, this service provides different values for day d+1.
- NB: the version 5 can not be available in real time since the input data are only available at d-2.
- More information on the Similarity Forecast methodology
- More information on the validation results
- More information on the automatic access to the data
- + Meteo data : you can now receive Meteo variables (temperature, wind, pressure, relative humidity, rain and snow fall, snow depth) together with your irradiation values by setting to "True" the input parameters "Add Meteorogical data". The origin of Meteo data is GFS (NCEP).
| (click on the image to magnify) |