CAMS McClear service
|- Further questions? Contact directly the CAMS User Support -||Last update: Sept. 2018|
This service provides time series of Global, Direct, and Diffuse Irradiations on horizontal surface, and Direct Irradiation on normal plane (DNI) in clear-sky conditions. Current version is 3.1.
The research leading to these results has received funding from the European Union's Seventh Framework Programme (FP7/2007-2013) under grant agreement no. 218793 (MACC project, 2009-2011), no. 283576 (MACC-II project, 2011-2014) and from no. 633080 (MACC-III project, 2014-2015).
Please note that so far, the service is free of charge and unlimited. However, be aware that any abuse will automatically result in the deactivation of your SoDa-CAMS account credentials.
Lefèvre M., A. Oumbe, P. Blanc, B. Espinar, B. Gschwind, Z. Qu, L. Wald, M. Schroedter-Homscheidt, C. Hoyer-Klick, A. Arola, A. Benedetti, J. W. Kaiser, and J.-J. Morcrette, "McClear: a new model estimating downwelling solar radiation at ground level in clear-sky conditions", Atmos. Meas. Tech., 6, 2403-2418, 2013, doi:10.5194/amt-6-2403-2013.
Free volumes of data
|=> Contact us to download a volume 15 minute CAMS radiation and CAMS McClear over Europe or Africa|
Facing issues with decimal separator in Excel? Please read this FAQ
Output column content:
- Observation period: beginning/end of the time period with the format "yyyy-mm-ddTHH:MM:SS.S/yyyy-mm-ddTHH:MM:SS.S" (ISO 8601)
- TOA: Irradiation on horizontal plane at the top of atmosphere (Wh/m2) computed from Solar Geometry 2
- Clear sky GHI: Clear sky global irradiation on horizontal plane at ground level (Wh/m2)
- Clear sky BHI: Clear sky beam irradiation on horizontal plane at ground level (Wh/m2)
- Clear sky DHI: Clear sky diffuse irradiation on horizontal plane at ground level (Wh/m2)
- Clear sky BNI: Clear sky beam irradiation on mobile plane following the sun at normal incidence (Wh/m2)
In verbose mode (1 minute summarization only), additional columns are:
- sza. Solar zenith angle for the middle of the summarization (deg)
- summer/winter split. 1.0 means summer, 0.0 means winter
- tco3. Total column content of ozone (Dobson unit)
- tcwv. Total column content of water vapour (kg/m2)
- AOD BC. Partial aerosol optical depth at 550 nm for black carbon
- AOD DU. Partial aerosol optical depth at 550 nm for dust
- AOD SS. Partial aerosol optical depth at 550 nm for sea salt
- AOD OR. Partial aerosol optical depth at 550 nm for organic matter
- AOD SU. Partial aerosol optical depth at 550 nm for sulphate
- AOD 550. Aerosol optical depth at 550 nm
- AOD 1240. Aerosol optical depth at 1240 nm
- alpha. Angstroem coefficient for aerosol
- Aerosol type. Type of aerosol: -1=no value 5=urban 7=continental clean 8=continental polluted 9=continental average 10=maritime clean 11= maritime polluted 12=maritime tropical 13=antarctic 14=desert
- fiso. MODIS-like BRDF parameter fiso
- fvol. MODIS-like BRDF parameter fvol
- fgeo. MODIS-like BRDF parameter
- albedo. Ground albedo
Reading routines in Python for the CAMS Radiation service are available here. Reading CAMS McClear files is similar.
FOR FREE - restricted to registered users
The email address you used for your registration is required to be able to launch the command line.
|2018-03||v3.1 (current)||CAMS McClear benefits from the successive enhancements of the Aerosol Optical Depth versions. McClear version has been incremented from 3.0 to 3.1 in order to take into account official period of AOD availability. Results are slightly modified in October 2012 and September-November 2015.|
|2017-10||v3||Calls new McClear version 3 that fixes discontinuities in space and time (during day as well as seasons), uses less memory and reduces (a little) the error when compared to ground measurements.|
|2015-10||v2.7||Bug fixed for Short term vs long term mismatch. A difference has been noticed between the long term values (2004 Feb to 2015 June) and the short term values (2015 May to 2015 August) for the global irradiation received by an inclined surface estimated by HC3v5. For the two months overlapping: May and June 2015, these values differ from one request to August) for the global irradiation received by an inclined surface estimated by HC3v5. For the two months overlapping: May and June 2015, these values differ from one request to the other by a very small amount while they should not. Causes are in the procedure for optimization processing speed.|
|2015-01||v2.6||Edition format file version 2|
|2014-10||v2.4||Bug fixed in the conversion of UT into TST|
|2014-08||v2.3||Bug fixed in the calculation of MODIS albedo|
|2014-08||v2.3||Climatic zones (AFGL) modification in equatorial zone (Mozambique): gradation of value between 2 zones|
|2014-07||v2.2||Climatic zones (AFGL) maps modification in equatorial zone (Mozambique): dithering the edge between 2 zones|
|2014-03||v2.1||Earlier Solar Geometry 1 library not sustained further, replaced with Solar Geometry 2|
|2013-09||v2.0|| Bug fixed in Solar Geometry 2 library |
Edition format file version 1
|2013||v2.0||Final version for the SoDa service|
For more information on these versions and intermediate improvements, please read the corresponding release notes.