ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE SOLAR FORECAST FOR TODAY AND TOMORROW
|Last update: July 2020|
⇒ This service provides time series of Artificial Intelligence solar radiation forecast for today and tomorrow.
This service is based on a machine learning method called Gradient Boosting.
⇒ This service is useful to :
Solar AI forecast method
The graph hereafter is the Global Horizontal Irradiation 15 minutes forecast over Carpentras, France (44.083, 5.059).
On the following graph over Petrolina, Brasil (-9.068, -40.319), the blue and green color filled intervals represent the forecast uncertainties. It is useful for the electricity storage system.
Features of the service
⇒ Solar AI forecast service uses as inputs :
- Historical solar data from HelioClim 3: Global Horizontal Irradiation and ToA
- Historical CAMS McClear: clear sky radiation
The features of this service are:
- Solar radiation components: global, direct, diffuse and reflected irradiation over horizontal, tilted and normal planes
- Time step of 1, 5, 10, 15, 30 and 60 minutes
- Time reference is Universal Time (UT)
- Meteosat 11 satellite images with 3 km resolution
- Take into account the shadowing effect due to far horizon
- Aerosols and pollution provided by CAMS IFS weather forecast
- Forecast uncertainties measures
Please contact SoDa support to get the data on your site of interest.